by Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo and Patricia B. Marcelino, MARCH 2022
March is the official start of the dry season in the Philippines which means longer hours of daylight. Every year, summer takes a toll on our skin. The scorching heat, humid weather, and too much exposure to the sunlight can affect the glow of our skin.
With the excessive heat all day, our skin starts screaming for more protection (more sunscreen products!) so it’s essential that you keep your skincare game right away. Don’t let these problems spoil your planned summer getaways. Get ready to be your best beautiful this summer season with these skincare tips:
- Sunscreen / Sunblock – This is the most fundamental and non-negotiable must-have when you plan to go outside. It helps protect your skin from the radiation of the sun. Reapply every 2 to 3 hours, if possible.
- Wear minimal makeup – Under the intolerant sun, less makeup is the best during summer. Best to apply face powder or foundation with SPF too to avoid patchy skin.
- Exfoliate at least once a week – To help unclog your pores and reduce blemishes if you’re sunburned. Don’t forget to just do it gently!
- Moisturize – This can add protection from the summer heat. Best if you choose a non-greasy formula based on your skin type and look for a moisturizer with Vitamin C.
- Use a good toner – To prevent oil from clogging your pores, use an aloe-vera-based toner.
- Wash your face regularly – With all the sunscreens and makeups you’re putting on your face, water is still needed at the end of the day. Rinse your face with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water.
It’s natural that your skin has different needs. Best if you still limit the amount you spend under the sun, particularly between 10AM to 3PM. Taking some time to practice these tips will prepare your skin for the summer in no time. Better to consult your skincare expert to ensure that it’s not just your body that is summer-ready, but your skin as well!
Besides the skincare routine, it is also important that we stay hydrated. Drinking water does not only have positive effects on the skin but also on our overall health. It is said this is the most natural way to get that beaming, glowing and healthy skin that we all want. The amount of water we should drink ranges from 5 to 8 glasses of water every day, of course, the more the better. A balanced diet also contributes to the nourishment our skin needs, here’s the link for the 22 Foods That Will Immediately Improve Your Skin, According to Dermatologists (https://www.eatthis.com/foods-for-better-skin/)
Remember guys, to achieve that “young, beautiful you”, always practice your skin care routine, stay hydrated, and eat healthy 😉
About the writers:
Patricia B. Marcelino. An expression of one’s creative side. A different angle, sharing one’s point of view through words. That’s what writing is, endless possibilities.
Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo. An enthusiast in creating stories by wandering the different Sights of the South. I am keen to experience and let others know what South has to offer.