by Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo and Patricia B. Marcelino, NOVEMBER 2021
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and we’re sure a lot of you are looking for a place to stay or visit this Holiday season! Christmas is the biggest and longest party of all as Filipinos started to celebrate this in September. Christmas carolers start coming around singing outside of your homes around November to December, and it’s a good time to be generous with your gifts and donations.
As of Nov 15, 2021, the new IATF guidelines are now allowing kids to stroll outside and inside the establishments. So if you haven’t decided yet on where to go this Christmas, here’s a list of places in the North and South which you can visit:
- Crosswinds Christmas Village – also known as Little Baguio. Located at Crosswind Resort Suites, Central Calamba Road, Brgy. Iruhin, Tagaytay City. The entrance fee is FREE. Feel the Christmas Spirit with an ambiance of European Holiday in this village. At night, it turns into a dazzling display of lights with swatches of Christmas colors. There are also other beautiful backdrops perfect for your Instagram pictures.
2. Candyland Christmas Village – Located at Calaca, Batangas. The entrance fee is also FREE. One of the major tourist attractions in Calaca every year. The candy-themed village is perfect for backdrops or selfies. They have a different theme every year and the residents are looking forward to visiting this place every year.
3. Taal Christmas Lights Sound and Show – located at Agoncillo street, Taal, Batangas. You might want to stop by and not miss the showing as it is just beside the historic Minor Basilica of St. Martine de Tours which is the oldest church in the country. These lights and the sound show never fail to add to Taal’s tourist attractions.
- Christmas Village in Baguio Country Club – Get away from the heat and humidity of the metro and spend a fun-filled holiday getaway in Baguio, the place truly captures the spirit of the season with the lanterns, lights, and even artificial snow.
2. Giant Lantern Festival at San Fernando, Pampanga – A “New Normal Festival” will take place for Giant Lantern Festival 2021. Get ready to mark your calendars for the 113th year of giant lantern-making excellence this December 16! This event is exclusive for Drive-in (No walk-ins allowed.)
To know more about this, click this link: https://giantlanterns.com/
Christmas is just around the corner so plan your trips and make sure still observe minimum health protocols this holiday season!
About the writers:
Patricia B. Marcelino. An expression of one’s creative side. A different angle, sharing one’s point of view through words. That’s what writing is, endless possibilities.
Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo. An enthusiast in creating stories by wandering the different Sights of the South. I am keen to experience and let others know what South has to offer.