by Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo and Patricia B. Marcelino, MAY 2021
A mother’s love is something that no one can explain, it is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain. It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may. For nothing can destroy it or take that love away. It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, and it never fails or falters.Helen Steiner Rice, A Mother’s Love
Mother’s Day is the day when we make extra-special efforts to recognize and appreciate all the hard works and dedication of mothers and extended.
As part of our Newsletter, we conducted a Video Making contest entitled #CookingWithMama in celebration of Mother’s day last May 9. Employees were encouraged to make a cooking video with their mother and have it posted on our Southloop FB Page.
Here are the Top 9 winners with the most likes/reactions:
1. Vanessa Quillopas, Toll Operations – Recipe: Carbonara
2. Analyn C. Cutamora, Legal Services – Recipe: Beef Steak
3. Jobel L. Manansala, Toll Operations – Recipe: Sinigang sa Miso na Maya-Maya
4. Arnel Natividad, Toll Operations – Recipe: Tokwa Sisig
5. Margie S. Danes, Finance – Recipe: Beef Kare-Kare
6. Nena S. Luz, Finance – Recipe: Homemade Pork and Beans
7. Bernadette O. Sebastian, Finance – Recipe: Menudo
8. Arnie L. Esguerra, Toll Operations – Recipe: Pork with Veggies
9. Joseph Edward Thomas S. Alcantara, Traffic Operations – Recipe: Pininyahang Manok
Congratulations to all the winners and Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!
About the writers:
Patricia B. Marcelino. An expression of one’s creative side. A different angle, sharing one’s point of view through words. That’s what writing is, endless possibilities.
Ma. Ericka Joyce C. Dungo. An enthusiast in creating stories by wandering the different Sights of the South. I am keen to experience and let others know what South has to offer.